Stay Up to Date on Renovations
We want to make sure you stay in the know on the latest renovation projects. We’ll be updating this page with information about in progress and upcoming projects, including locations and tentative schedules.
Pool and Hot Tub Renovations
- Knoll Swimming Pool Resurfacing: Completed in September 2020
- Knoll Hot Tub: In process now through fall 2021
- Plaza Hot Tub: In process now through fall 2021
- Tower Hot Tub: In process now through fall 2021
- Cascade Hot Tub: In process now through fall 2021
- Crest Hot Tub: In process now through fall 2021
Project Details: In a recent inspection, nearly all hot tubs were identified for improvements to meet local safety code requirements, and some are at the end of their useful life requiring replacement. We are working with vendors in the region to complete these requirements and reopen the hot tubs as soon as possible for your enjoyment. However, ongoing delays are possible as we navigate the post-COVID environment that has caused a shortage of materials and vendor workforce, extended lead times, and increased freight and material costs.
When completed, your pools and hot tubs will be safer and sturdier than ever as we’re incorporating the latest technologies to meet regulatory requirements.
Tower and Plaza Window Renovation
- Plaza: Started in May with 100% completion by September 2021
- Tower: To start at the completion of the Plaza with 100% completion by winter 2021
Project Details: The windows in the Plaza and the Tower buildings were identified as being at the end of their useful life and in urgent need of replacement. In the past year, several windows have been blown from their casings and have fallen to the ground because of high mountain winds, creating an unsafe environment. For resident safety, we’ve secured these windows in the closed position to prevent further incidents until they can be replaced over the course of the renovations. Given the high temperatures during the summer months, we reduced the use of these villas.
We realize this project may impact your vacation plans and we apologize for the inconvenience. The good news is, once complete, these renovations will add more value to the property. The new windows will improve unit comfort throughout the year, by reducing ambient room temperatures in the summer.
- Naegle Buildings: August 2021 through November 2021 – Type B renovation – All 60 of the 2-bedroom/ 2-bathroom units
- Ridge Pointe Building: September 2021 through November 2021 – Type D renovation – All 26 of the 2-bedroom/2-bathroom units
- Ridge Crest Building: September 2021 through October 2021 – Type B renovation – All 26 of the 1-bedroom units
Project Details: We’re thrilled to announce upcoming villa interior renovations at Tahoe Ridge Resort that will update more than 100 villas across the resort by the end of 2021.
Each year, a portion of your maintenance fee is saved in a Reserve Fund that’s used to pay for resort upkeep, such as replacing water boilers, updating roofing and updating villas.
We know the interior design of villas matters, and we take planning for these updates seriously. Your interior design team is committed to incorporating the outdoor beauty of South Lake Tahoe into the interior design scheme. They’ve used colors from the local flora and fauna to inspire the interior finishes, they’ve partnered with local Lake Tahoe artists, and they have used their artwork to create a warm, functional and distinctly local mountain design in each villa, all while fitting within the Reserve Fund’s budget.
While we plan to have all 2021 renovations complete by the end of the year, some delays are possible as we navigate the post-COVID environment that has caused a shortage of materials and vendor workforce, extended lead times, and increased freight and material costs. Stay tuned for additional updates.
There are four types of renovations that are scheduled to keep your villas performing well:
- Type A renovation – Type A renovations occur on a six-year cycle and include interior paint, unit accessories and the replacement of soft goods such as furniture upholstery, window treatments, carpet, floor coverings, bedding, etc.
- Type B renovation – Type B renovations are performed every 12 years and cover the replacement of furniture and case goods, housewares, linens, home electronics and other miscellaneous items.
- Type C renovation – Type C renovations are completed on an 18-year cycle and include the replacement of all cabinets, tiles, floors, countertops, plumbing fixtures and major appliances, etc.
- Type D renovation – Type D renovations include items that are not dependent on the replacement of other items to maintain a consistent decor. These include items such as doors, windows, fixtures and hardware. Type D items are replaced on an as-needed basis depending on their estimated useful life.
Come back to this page for the latest updates on these projects, as well as other upcoming planned renovations.